Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Black Widow

I am playing a little catch-up with my blog but this past April we had out annual Pinewood Derby. Now I aqlways believe in going with a winner and so with the announcement of the race schedule I pulled in a ringer.
I knew of a car created by a very good team in engineers that was a guaranteed winner. The car came out of the Samamish, Washington area from the firm of "Struempler and Father", with a history of being a two-time winning team. The request was made and the car arrived, complete with its tungston weighting system. Needless to say, the number 88 car, The Black Widow, took first place in the "fully-legal" class of Pinewood Derby cars. It was outdone by a non-sanctioned rocket powered car.
Big thanks to Jakob and Chris for the loan of the car. It is now a winning car from coast to coast.

No comments: